Elevate Navajo’s unique, relationship-based approach employs full-time staff who represent the community they serve. Part teacher, part mentor, part life coach, our dedicated team members make themselves available 24/7 to build relationships with students. The strength of these relationships is developed through four key program components.
COLLEGE & CAREER
- Full-time, salaried teacher-mentors who are representative of our student population are available to their Elevate students 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our staff works with students from year to year. This long-term relational approach allows for a “pipeline” of influence from 2nd through 12th grade.
- We focus students’ attention and energy into four program areas: Accredited Classes, Mentoring, Adventure, and College & Career.
- Cross-age mentoring allows our high school students to become leaders and role models for elementary youth.
- Elevate is not limited to the school year. Our year-round programming ensures students stay engaged.
Building character and life skills
- Elective accredited class taught in public schools
- Year-long, day-by-day curriculum which focuses on Elevate’s 13 key character qualities and life skills
- Fully aligned with Common Core State Standards and Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) Competencies
- Students collaborate through experiential learning, group activities and discussions
- Cross-age mentoring occurs when high school students teach similar lessons to elementary age students weekly
- Click here for an in-depth description of the curriculum.
Walking alongside students
- Teacher-mentors spend 50% of their time outside of the classroom mentoring high school and junior high school students
- Teacher-mentors are available to their student on evenings, weekends, and over the summer
- Teacher-mentors pay attention to the whole child — discovering their talents, interests, and hopes for the future through activities and quality time
- Teacher-mentors represent a positive role model in a student’s life, influencing the trajectory of their future
Growth through challenge
- Elevate Navajo believes in pushing students to explore life beyond their comfort zone
- Through new and challenging experiences, students are developing teamwork and leadership skills
- Adventure activities include rafting, skiing, snowboarding, horseback riding, and more
college & Career
The next step
Elevate ensures that all of our students have a plan for the future. We provide assistance with the following steps:
- Career planning
- College scholarships
- Admissions applications
- Practice interviews
- Exam preparation